Fri, 21 May|
Walter Reid Cultural Centre
CQ Shopfront Artisan In Residence Project Exhibition Opening
A CQ Shopfront Artisan in Residence program for the Rockhampton Region
Time & Location
21 May 2021, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm AEST
Walter Reid Cultural Centre, Derby St & East Ln, Rockhampton QLD 4700, Australia
About the Event
Join us for a celebration of the CQ Shopfront Artisan in Residence Program in the Rockhampton Region. Artisan in Residence Mari Hirata will be working with 5 local artists to develop new work based around collaboration, exploration and experimentation. Come along and see the final results created by these artists.
- Mari Hirata - https://www.instagram.com/mari.hirata.artist/
- Carolyn Stevenson - https://www.carellajewellers.com
- Erin Dunne - https://www.erindunneart.com
- Gail Meyer - https://www.facebook.com/GAILZ.ART/
- Michelle Black - https://www.inkandbaren.com
- Yvonne Maloney-Law - https://www.facebook.com/yvonnemoloneylawartist/
The exhibition will also be open from 10am-2pm on Saturday 22nd May before it closes and the residency is completed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT COVID19 SAFETY PLANS MUST BE ABIDED BY ONSITE IN ALIGNMENT WITH QUEENSLAND HEALTH DIRECTIVES. At the time of publishing this event, this includes abiding by social distancing, hand sanitisation, wearing a mask indoors and where you cannot safely social distance, and site check in and check out procedures. There is a limite of 25 people in the Front Gallery space. Under these rules we will serve some non-alcoholic beverages at this event.
Please do not attend if:
- you are unwell and exhibiting the signs of illness including cough fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath
- you have been in close contact with a personwho is positive for COVID19 or have tested positive for COVID19
- you have been tested for COVID19 and are awaiting results
- you are isolating having been recently in a COVID19 Hotspot
- you have travelled overseas or from a designated Hotspot within the previous 14 days
If you are unable to attend for any of these reasons, you will be given a full refund.
This project has been funded by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and CQ RASN. The Regional Arts Services Network is an initiative of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. CQ University has been appointed as the Central Queensland Provider. Funding has also been received through the Regional Arts Fund, administered in Queensland by Flying Arts Alliance. The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between Rockhampton Regional Council and the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. Artisan are a valued partner who have provided referral services for CQ Shopfront. A special thank you to the Rochampton Art Gallery and Community and Culture Team at Rockhampton Regional Council.
Exhibition Opening Entry