Art/ Product Photography for Beginners with Mari Hirata
Time & Location
About the Event
Having good documentation of your work is a very important component in any visual artist & maker's practise.
Whether it's for your website, social media, marketing, record keeping, or all of the above, having clear, accurate and informative visual representations of your work will help enhance the intentions and stories which you are trying to share with your audience.
During this 2 hour workshop, Mari will take you through the basics of artwork + product photography – from setting up, equipment, lighting, troubleshooting, and styling concepts. Learn some simple and useful pointers to improve your images, along with some DIY solutions for those who are budget conscious and just starting out.
What to bring:
- Camera (mobile phone, DSLR, etc.)
- Tripod (if you own one)
- Remote shutter release (if you own one)
- Notepad and pen
PLEASE NOTE THAT COVID19 SAFETY PLANS MUST BE ABIDED BY ONSITE IN ALIGNMENT WITH QUEENSLAND HEALTH DIRECTIVES. At the time of publishing this event, this includes abiding by social distancing, hand sanitisation, wearing a mask indoors and where you cannot safely social distance, and site check in and check out procedures.
Please do not attend if:
- you are unwell and exhibiting the signs of illness including cough fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath
- you have been in close contact with a personwho is positive for COVID19 or have tested positive for COVID19
- you have been tested for COVID19 and are awaiting results
- you are isolating having been recently in a COVID19 Hotspot
- you have travelled overseas or from a designated Hotspot within the previous 14 days
If you are unable to attend for any of these reasons, you will be given a full refund.
This project has been funded by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and CQ RASN. The Regional Arts Services Network is an initiative of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. CQ University has been appointed as the Central Queensland Provider. Funding has also been received through the Regional Arts Fund, administered in Queensland by Flying Arts Alliance. The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between Rockhampton Regional Council and the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. Artisan are a valued partner who have provided referral services for CQ Shopfront. A special thank you to the Rochampton Art Gallery and Community and Culture Team at Rockhampton Regional Council.
- Workshop Pass$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0